Hand Workshop Art Center
1812 West Main Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Board, Council & Staff
Rules & Policies
Contact or Visit Us
- Classes without sufficient enrollment five to seven days prior to the first class will be cancelled.
- Late registrations are welcome with space available and instructor’s permission.
- Full payment must accompany registration.
- Class fees will not be pro-rated for any reason.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, or charge card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
- Unless otherwise noted, classes are open to ages 16 and above.
- Open studio time is available to registered students only, and only when no classes are scheduled. Students may not use the studios for production purposes.
- A security person is on duty Monday-Friday evenings when classes are scheduled and is available to escort students to their cars.
Cancellations and Refunds
- The HWAC reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient enrollment. Fees are 100 percent refundable if the class is cancelled by the HWAC.
- Fifty percent of class fees are refunded if withdrawal notice is received seven days or more prior to the first class.
- No refunds will be made if withdrawal notice is received less than seven days prior to the first class meeting.
- The HWAC does not issue credit vouchers for class withdrawals.
- A student may transfer from one class to another within the same class term, provided a space remains in the class requested and the instructor’s permission has been secured. Transfers must be completed before the second class and will not be permitted after that time.
- The HWAC may on occasion need to substitute an instructor for a course. This is done with the recommendation of the scheduled instructor and does not diminish the quality of instruction.